Re: [OM] IMG: Paris BW, which to you prefer, svp

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Paris BW, which to you prefer, svp
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:42:44 -0800
On 12/20/2012 1:58 PM, philippe.amard wrote:
> Just curious to know which is more acceptable to you.

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Paris+here+and+there/Fridge+photo-1802.jpg.html
>
> or B
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Paris+here+and+there/Place+du+Tertre-1804.jpg.html
>

> Extra, yet another fridge photo
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Paris+here+and+there/Fridge+photo2-1797.jpg.html

Your English is so good that I tend to forget that it's not your first
language. Your use of 'prefer' in the title is
perfect. The use of 'acceptable' is just slightly off of what I imagine you are
saying.*

They are both acceptable, but I prefer 'A'

Obviously, the placard and easel should have been temporarily moved. :-)
While trying a crop to reduce or eliminate
it, I found I like a tighter crop better. The foreground doesn't serve any
purpose for me, and it could get rid of the sign.

Still, I like having the shop/restaurants on both sides. It provides a
space/context for the people. Cropping out too
much on the right leaves the scene unframed. So I kept part of the right with a
corner of the sign and then cleaned it
out. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Amard/Fridge.htm>

With the tighter crop, it takes on a form that I quite like.

Cropped Moose

* Unless you are having a little joke in advance at pedants of English.