[OM] Good Day

Subject: [OM] Good Day
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:28:25 -0600
In contrast to Ken's compromised day, I was fortunate to have a good day
yesterday.  I was given a pristine Olympus XA, complete with the A11 flash
unit.  I just opened up the battery compartment to replace the old batteries,
and found no signs of corrosion.  I haven't put film in it yet, still dry
firing it to get used to the control lever and slides.

I downloaded the manual last evening, and read it from cover to cover.  I have
a few puzzles left, but I want to try it out as a pocket camera.
Unfortunately, the scanner at my local lab is down for repairs until after the
holidays, so you won't see any immediate images.

Anyone got advice about the XA?

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA