Re: [OM] Few Marnie shots from trip to San Diego

Subject: Re: [OM] Few Marnie shots from trip to San Diego
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 01:58:52 -0800
On 12/16/2012 12:29 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Brief slideshow seems best, if desired.
>
> http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/MarnieSanDiego2012/26579312_wJbwXV#!i=2221435166&k=JrwjxgD

1. Is well composed, but let down by under exposure and low contrast. Easily
fixed in post.

2. A nice idea that some may like. The bunch of OOF foreground make it less
appealing to me. I like ice plant most,
photographically, when back lit or forming a texture.

3. Nice pine, in an interesting situation. I'd crop square or even horizontal,
to lose the excess dirt foreground. It's
almost like two images, the bottom less appealing to me than the top.

4. I take a lot of these. A nice depiction of what a place looks like, and nice
to look back on and remember where I was
and what it looked like. But too diffuse to interest someone who wasn't there -
at least this someone. :-)

5. Now we're talking! Nice, strong graphic elements make a strong composition.

6. Ditto, plus an echo of Escher.

7. This is nice, but has a lot of competition from the last two. What it has,
that they don't, especially #5, is a
strong set of lines and forms that lend themselves, to my eye, to B&W. Then, it
can become a study in form, line, tones
and textures. (Well, OK, #6 might work in B&W, too.)

I also prefer a crop to 2:3 format, to eliminate distracting elements.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Marnie/IMG_3081lcesh.htm>

Colorless Moose