Re: [OM] IMG: Autofocus Nightmare

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Autofocus Nightmare
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 21:03:29 -0600
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your comments.  I have the E-1 and the E-510.  While I prefer the
E-1 for most things, the E-510 has the advantage of more pixels, built-in
flash, and Live View.  I was simply looking for a few images to work with in
a new version of Elements, so I picked up the 510 which had the 35 Macro on
it.  This lens is notorious for hunting when focusing up close, so, when I
encountered the problem, I changed to the 14-54, which did the same thing.
I should have RTFM, but the focus assist capability didn't occur to me.

In hindsight, I should have used a manual focus Leica-R lens.  I have both
the 50 Summicron and the 60 Macro, either of which would have done the job.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA