Re: [OM] More Colorless Moose

Subject: Re: [OM] More Colorless Moose
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:59:31 -0800
On 12/1/2012 2:37 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Nice.

Thanks!

On 12/1/2012 11:44 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> That's a rather attractive shot, Moose.

Thanks!

> Did you join them yourself or does the magic OM-D do it for you?

Photoshop. The E-M5 isn't an iPhone5. :-)

On 12/3/2012 6:13 AM, Chris Trask wrote:

> An interesting scene.

Glad you found it so.

> Would a linear polarizer and perhaps a deep yellow filter have made a
> difference?

I don't think so. You are thinking film.

Everything a polarizer can do - with the important exceptions of reducing
specular reflections and "seeing through"
water, glass, etc. - can be done with LCE and Curves, and often better. In the
case of WA, polarizers often give an
unevenly darkened sky, which post techniques don't. I've gone through a lot of
trouble to correct that in scanned film.

This is a color shot converted to B&W. I did indeed adjust the Yellow slider,
as well as a couple of others, in the PS
conversion tool. A great deal more precision is available that way than
slapping a filter on.

The clouds, for example, are considerably darker, with more contrast, than in
the original. but I would have done that
in color, too.

Thankful Moose