Re: [OM] Software suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] Software suggestions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:02:39 -0800
On 12/3/2012 7:23 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> Lightroom is the best choice.

Lightroom is a terrible tease. It puts a lovely looking face on ACR and adds
some brushes that seem like they should do
what I want, but leave me deeply frustrated.

I say this not to say Tina and others are wrong. I'm sure they are not - for
themselves.

I say it because it is true -- for me. Tastes and methods of working vary.

As Tina pointed out, LR only changes file structures for Chuck, not for the
rest of the world. As I recall, the last
time I ventured into the dark, one may also instruct it not to even catalog
ones folders, or to only catalog one or a
handful of folders. That way, one may try it out without waiting for a loooong
process of cataloging.

All the recent discussion of ACR and E-M5 files applies to LR, as well, since
it it basically a pretty skin on ACR.

I believe it is available as a time limited demo for free. Why not try it out?
That's also true for PS and PSE.

Try Before Buy Moose