Re: [OM] Question for those who have actually handled an E-M

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for those who have actually handled an E-M
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 11:21:55 -0800
On 12/1/2012 6:50 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Do you own or have preferences for the silver or black body and why?  I
> normally prefer a black bodied camera but (it's very strange and I can't
> explain why)

Nor can I, but I do prefer black.

> when I look at the unusual pattern of the material covering
> the black body it strikes me as something I don't want to even touch.

Over obsession, Chuck. I'd never even thought about it until you asked. It's
'dry' and not the least bit either tacky or
slippery. Finer texture than an OM, but somehow slightly better grip, fingers
less likely to slip. Not at all rubbery
like an OMPC. I like it.

> The conventional pebbled leatherette of the silver body looks more
> "normal" and inviting to touch.

It feels good to me.

> Anyone have any similar comments or feelings... or am I just weird?

You are on this list, aren't you? silly question. :-)

As to the top plate, I assume it's plastic, but nice and solid.

Skin Deep Moose