[OM] [OT]Global warming, was: Air-source Heat Pump?

Subject: [OM] [OT]Global warming, was: Air-source Heat Pump?
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 18:37:24 +0000
   As a retired scientist, and for the record, I have to say that I am
   with Chris Barker when he said
<And I agree with you: whether or not climate change is caused by us, there is n
o excuse for wasting scarce resources.  But for the record I and many scientists
 of my acquaintance are astounded that anyone still has any doubt.>

And I feel that Ken Norton is being overly complacent when he says that the worl
d would not have major difficulty in coping with a 20ft rise in sea level.  Woul
d not the significant reduction in  land area available for human occupation cau
se significant problems, political as well as technical, even in the majority of
 countries which have land 20ft above current sea level? And political problems
can be more difficult to overcome than technical problems as can indeed be seen
in the current debate about how to react to global temperature data.

Like Chris, I like to reduce resource usage and am aware that my current car giv
es me over 50 miles per UK gallon whereas fifty years ago a car with much lower
performance and comfort did not give me much over half that.   And the gas energ
y used in heating the my home has dropped by a similar amount in thirty years as
 I have improved insulation and the efficiency of the boiler/furnace.  But I dou
bt if I will be using a twenty year old camera for a lot longer!

Brian Gray