Re: [OM] IMGs: Tuesday Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Tuesday Flowers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:24:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I'm not one for tripod inversion. That's a recipe for extreme
>frustration. It doesn't take long before you are thinking about
>bashing the tripod into a tree.

     I would be concerned about damaging the tree if I came to that point.

>For ground-level photography, I've got a couple of tripods which I've
>modified in order to get the camera all the way down to the ground. If
>I could ever convince myself to invest in a new CF tripod, it would
>have a flexible arm instead of the center-column.
>
>The best part of my smallest tripod is that it is small enough and
>light enough that a four-mile hike is easy.

     Could you provide a photo or two of those modified tripods?  I need to
find a solution for this problem.  I've looked at smaller tripods as well as
mounts that clamp on to tripod legs and I'm not at all enthusiastic about
anything I've seen.  A sturdy clamp that would fit on the Manfrotto 3001 leg
would do.

     Something I didn't think of until now was to spread the 3001 legs out as
far as they would go.  I'm going tpheck that out when I return home later.

Chris