Re: [OM] OT: Uruguay and WA State have something in common!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Uruguay and WA State have something in common!
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:07:42 +0800 (WST)
Hi everyone following this,

> There was an article in yesterday's newspaper (The Independent) about
possible links between schizophrenia and regular
> use of cannabis:

Having a wife with MS, I like talking about drugs :o)

Cannabis to me is a medicine, and should be treated as such,
as with many drugs those who still have growing brains shouldnt
be smoking or taking it in other forms, there really isnt enough
research on it that is conclusive.

Having spoken to friends and others in the medical industry
here in Australia about the subject, they are of the opinion
that smoking (or ingesting) cannabis is more likely to bring on
a pre existing problem than to actually create one but more
research really needs to be done, and that those with mental
problems are more likely to smoke cannabis simply as a means
of relief from their world.

I would prefer that the Australian Government legalise at
least cannabis products, like the pill that is available to others
with MS in some parts of the world but all we hear here is
that nothing good can come from plants like that. hmm hmm,
Politicians obviously have no idea how many products are
derived from Opium.

Those that dont have a clue, believe the propaganda,
or have a vested interest in it (you can't patent cannabis)
keep trotting out the same tired old stories in the media
but everytime a major medical trial is attempted here, it
gets knocked on the head as something thats just not going
to happen in Australia because it is 'such a hard and dangerous
drug'.

As with anything, taking it in excess long term is likely to
have long term adverse effects. Eating lots of the same
vegetable in excess long term can also have adverse effects.

Disclaimer, I dont smoke anything, not to I take or grow any
drugs for health or recreation. We live in a small property
within walking distance of Perth city WA (Western Australia)
so would be silly to even think of it.

My wife more than makes up for me as the walking rattling pill popper.

Cheers
Ian Manners