[OM] Pardon me while I think out loud....

Subject: [OM] Pardon me while I think out loud....
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 09:32:03 -0600
Was pretty well sold on the E-M5.  Then we went to Costco last night and I
played with a 60D.  Then, I was all confused again...

The 60D feels a lot like the E-1 in the hand.  That optical viewfinder
looks like a panoramic picture window.  One of the concert photographers I
respect the most swears by Canon.  I had pretty much changed my mind and
was about ready to sell off ALL of the Olympus stuff and make the leap.

And then I did some time online last night looking at direct comparisons
between the two, and actually found a thread on a Canon owners' forum where
a guy was considering selling off his 60D and getting an E-M5.  I was
floored by the overwhelming amount of guys who said that if they weren't so
heavily-invested in Canon glass, they'd do the same thing. Most of them
talk about the E-M5's low-light sensitivity outstripping the 60D's, and
considering that's one of the main reasons for me upgrading from my E-1....
and they mentioned that in really low light, the EVF is a big plus.

The E-M5 is a bit small (however, so are the OM bodies, and the lightness
is not a bad thing), and I'd definitely have to get an auxiliary grip.
Although, probably that 3rd-party one since the $225 for the Olympus
battery grip is out of reach for now.  And I've found several galleries
with gorgeous photos taken by guys using the E-M5 (I know, a lot of it is
the guy behind the camera.  But still....)

So, I'm leaning back the OMD direction again.  And my head hurts.
Arrrrggghhhh.  A hobby shouldn't require this much thinking!

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard