[OM] VueScan Documentation [was ] Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal Tool,

Subject: [OM] VueScan Documentation [was ] Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal Tool,
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:55:38 -0500 (EST)
V. S. Moose writes:

>>I found that PSCS6 didn't find my scanners under File=>Import, and
finally
>>>looked it up in Adobe online help.

Link??? for future reference, por favor?

Does picking the emulsion in VS do "soft profiling" like SF i.e. allow
profiling for the scanner light , emulsion base but not ablate the
spectral sensitivity and thus "look" of the film? Sometimes scanning an
IT8 target or "hard profiling "result mixed in a layer with the former
would seem to be just the ticket--taming some of the excesses but not
totally destroying the "look." I am not sure, but don't think even the
new version SF allows one to scan a picture of a target with taken with
the film as Vuescan does. It seems to allow one to shoot a target but
then totally correct the image for the film, scanner, light etc for
totally neutral rendition---that is a horse of a different color
entirely.

More scans in near future, Mike