[OM] MM files disected

Subject: [OM] MM files disected
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 13:43:56 -0500
This is a good article that reaches the same conclusions I have about the
MM and M9:

<
http://blog.leica-camera.com/photographers/blog-contributors/fegor-a-fetishists-guide-to-the-monochrom-part3/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LeicaCamera+%28Leica+Camera+Blog%29

"I’ll spare you from the gory details and the burden of looking through any
more of the hundreds of comparison photos that I took, and will jump right
to the conclusion: If you accidentally *overexpose* a shot, the M9 will
allow you to recover some highlight details that the Monochrom will not. If
you accidentally*underexpose* a shot, the Monochrom will allow you to
extract much more shadow detail than the M9. If you *properly* expose a
shot, the Monochrom will give you a much cleaner file across the board, and
with more usable dynamic range."

He explains VERY thoroughly why the MM has a different look and why he
won't be buying one.

I agree with his analysis and his conclusions but not his ultimate decision.

Tina
--
Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com