[OM] Eos-M

Subject: [OM] Eos-M
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 21:57:52 -0500 (EST)
Visually Flexible Moose writes:

>>I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with the EOS-M without viewfinder
(assuming
>>everything else was OK), as the point of it
>>seems to me to be small size and weight.

Played with one for a bit on Sat.  It is really really compact--only
had the 22mm prime for it and the adapter won't be available for a
month or so.
It just isn't worth it with the current sensor/AF. If they get it right
or even close with the 2nd iteration, they have a built in giant market.

I was  a set up  to be smitten for 2nd smaller cam by the XE-1 despite
the drawbacks with the nice manual control dials and it is indeed nice
but the OMD just was less fussy focusing.  That Xf 35/1.4 is clearly
very nice even just using it for 5 min in the store.  The DXO engineer
in the next area said they have the cam in their lab despite denials in
their forum that they were
even thinking about developing a RAW converter.

They had the grip of course for the OM-D at the show and put it on with
and w/o the extra battery.  I had to get a Hunt rep to allow Oly rep
to mount the tiny ver of the
14-42 Panny on the OM-D--there still seems some unresolved issue at
1/200 exposures or so that leads to motion artifact even on an Oly
body--very weird.  No none was sure how to
turn off the lens OIS though.  I have read that it happens on Panny and
Oly bodies and that a firmware update didn't fix it.
BTW RRS makes a nice grip  for the OM-D too.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=BOEM5-Set&type=3&eq=&desc=BOEM5-Set%3a-Base-%2b-L-Plate-%2b-Grip-%28black%29&key=it

 Shopping Mike