Re: [OM] Raw MM Files

Subject: Re: [OM] Raw MM Files
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 07:50:58 -0400
Yes, that's the size of the raw DNG files.  If you download the free Adobe
convertor, you can convert the Leica dng files to Adobe dng files which for
some reason are recognized by more programs.  LR4 will handle them easily.
 I can't imagine why it showed up as red.  It is B&W, grayscale with no RGB
channels.  As for the building not being vertical, I almost always have to
straighten my photos.  I tilt the camera down to the right when pressing
the shutter button.  No amount of reminding myself helps.

This area was glacial and that's where the boulders come from.  The red
dirt is clay and sand that is predominate in this area.  It's called the
Cotton Belt because they used to grow cottom here.  Our farm grew sweet
potatoes before we bought it.  My kitchen is not that big.  We doubled the
size of the original kitchen but that photo is made with a 15mm lens -
makes it look much, much bigger!  I now have an island in the middle so I
can stand in one place and reach almost everything I need to cook.  The
original fireplaces in this house burned coal and still had coal grates in
them.  We've converted 3 of them to burn wood and 2 burn gas,  With those
and the AGA we don't use much  heat in the winter!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com