Re: [OM] (OM) OT Food

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Food
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:01:40 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

> On 10/27/2012 12:59 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
>> Yes, I asked colleagues about this on Thursday.  We have one chap who is
>> half-Malay and his answer was remarkably similar to yours.
>
> I gather these cookers are ubiquitous in the rice eating areas of the East
> with electricity. It's "Problem solved, move
> on to other things."

Moose, you are right. Here in Hong Kong I think more than 99% of family has
an electric rice cooker. We use 1:1 rice to water for cooking.

The very old rice cookers use aluminium pot, the later one (many years ago)
have teflon coating to prevent "burnt rice" surrounding the pot. Now you
get induction heating, copper layered pot with fluorocarbon resin coating
at 5 times the price of a normal one.

C.H.Ling