Re: [OM] (OOOOOTTTTTTTTT)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OOOOOTTTTTTTTT)
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:11:11 -0700
We do have a lot of initiatives, as they are called here, and I'm of the
opinion that eventually, the initiative process will render the legislature
even more irrelevant than they have already rendered themselves, at least
as far as budgetary issues go. While the process may sometimes contribute
to the problem, more often it seems to contribute to solutions wanted by
the people of the state, by removing politicians from the decision and
making it far more difficult for them to steal funds from a voter-approved
program to pay for yet another legislative boondoggle. 'Tis direct
democracy, at it's best and worst.