Re: [OM] Farewell, Saddleback

Subject: Re: [OM] Farewell, Saddleback
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:10:21 -0400
 From your story: "I never would have dreamed that Canada Geese would
intimidate a Bald Eagle."  Nor would I except that I saw the same thing
done by a single duck this past summer.  The eagle was struggling to get
a huge fish out of the water and having great difficulty getting his own
body out of the water let alone the fish.  The next thing I knew I
spotted a mallard crossing the lake on a bee-line toward the eagle about
5-6 feet over the water.  The duck was flying all out.  I surmised that
the duck saw the eagle as vulnerable at that point.  Just-in-time the
eagle manged to lift himself and the huge fish out of the water and
escape the intended attack of the duck who broke off the attack after
one menacing pass.  I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.  But I
suppose the eagle's view had everything to do with holding on to that fish.

ps:  Welcome back.  How's Veggie Van Go?

Chuck Norcutt