Re: [OM] IMG: Portofino

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Portofino
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 10:32:23 -0500
> Well, it wasn't that long ago when you could have substituted Tokyo for
> Peking (do we call it that anymore?). And there was a time when you could
> have substituted London, and Paris. I think it's a rare genius of a country
> that can live for so long on other people's money. <g>

The end game is always the same. Just like the UK, Spain, Portugal,
France and Italy, the USA will sell off land to another country. I
don't see any way out of this other than the eventual sale of Alaska.

Tax evasion is easy to do when the CEO takes a $1 salary and then
games the income on the stock side. Social Security and Medicare taxes
take 15% of my income. 0% of Mark Zuckerberg's. Oh, and 0% from almost
half of the rest of the population. Only those of us working stiffs
get stiffed. But nothing will change, because those of us who WORK and
CONTRIBUTE to the taxes are the minority. We'll always get overrun by
the takers and the well-connected.

<major snip about disability--the new welfare>

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx