[OM] A Post About Something; Was: A Post About Nothing

Subject: [OM] A Post About Something; Was: A Post About Nothing
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 20:12:07 -0400 (EDT)
JL writes:

>Ask 10 folks and you'd get 10 different preferences (OK maybe 7-8) for
>mirror-less with interchangeable lenses, an excellent EVF and a hot
shoe. The
>choice for me is the NEX-7 which can use all of my fast OM glass with
an
>inexpensive adapter (akin to a "dumb" extension tube). Yes, the OM-D
was on the
>short list. Fortunately I outfitted myself with a fair amount of Metz
SCA 3xx /
>3xxx flash gear some years ago and it's *all* usable with the proper
SCA 3xx2
>adapter and remote / connecting cords, nearly all of which I already
have.

So proper SCA foot can be used on NEX but not OM-D????? It is nice that
the FL/ISO/aperture is reported to the cam though they can be entered
manually into the Metz MZ3/4. I do have an OM foot of course. Perhaps
full frame NEX will appear in 2013.

I was impressed with Moose's OM-D though he had a tad of trouble with
the function
buttons engaging Mag view
when using OM lenses. The OM Zuiko 50 F2 macro behaved nicely on the
OM-D. I wonder if the many internal baffles reduced the veiling flare
even with WA lenses as was prominently seen with the early MFT pens?

Almost smitten, Mike