Re: [OM] Silence of the Lambs?

Subject: Re: [OM] Silence of the Lambs?
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:00:31 -0700
I suspect a lot of the folks who would be most interested in the GH3
already have purchased an OM-D. It looks interesting, but for me shares
what could well be a deal killer with the OM-D, the pesky mode dial. I
know I am in the minority here, but I hate those things! I shoot most of
the time in either Aperture Priority or manual, and rarely change mid
shoot, so the 'convenience' is of little benefit to me. The deal killer
is most of the mode dials tend to switch on their own way to easy,
especially when stowing or pulling a camera out of a backpack,
inadvertently leaving one in the wrong shooting mode. For me, not having
some way to lock in the mode is a serious oversight on a 'professional'
tool.

Jim Couch