[OM] Minox 35 Goodness

Subject: [OM] Minox 35 Goodness
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:50:40 +0200
There is something indescribably wonderful about the rendering of the
35mm f/2.8 lens on the Minox 35GT that used to be my dad's. This is at
f/2.8 on Fomapan 100. Been sitting in the camera for over a year,
finally processed it yesterday :-)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/268/7/3/two_waitresses_by_philosomatographer-d5fvhsl.jpg

Yes, I know they are unreliable, yada yada yada... It's still amazing
that this level of performance, that handily beats just about any 35mm
SLR (film or digital), is possible in such a small package. A real joy
to use when you just don't want to carry something larger than what can
even fit into the tight pockets of your jeans, yet want the monochrome
tonality not possible from small digital cameras.

There's also something great about continuing to make memories on a
device one's dad used 30+ years ago.

Dawid