[OM] Zuikofest Pulaskifest

Subject: [OM] Zuikofest Pulaskifest
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:58:05 -0500
Well, we had a little excitement. Joel and I were out at the point east of
Copper Harbor where they used to launch research rockets. Deep into our
photography, a bit of smoke was getting our attention. There wasn't anybody
around for miles, so we went looking for the fire. By the time we found it,
it had gone about 30 feet into the forest from an abandoned fire pit and
was spreading out. The wind was strong and was fanning it quite well. We
fought it for over an hour and got it somewhat contained before taking the
long drive back to town. Now we smell like forest fire.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx