Re: [OM] Abandoned house on airport expressway #8

Subject: Re: [OM] Abandoned house on airport expressway #8
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 02:57:34 -0400
Phillipe,

You would be surprised how many old houses in rural areas in the USA just
sit open, no locks, windows broken out, doors often missing. A lot of them
are in places where the closest inhabited house is a mile away or more.

I never go inside places that are locked up, I could go to prison for
that, but walking inside an abandoned building with no doors won't get me
arrested in the Fort Wayne area. Allen County averages a murder every ten
days; the county jail currently has nearly twice the number of prisoners
it was designed it hold (and it was made for 1500!), so the police don't
bother people for minor nonviolent offenses here.

I'm always surprised that people will just walk away from a house, leaving
to rot away. Many of them are badly vandalized after years of sitting
open, and most are badly deteriorated from exposure to the weather and
animals.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography