Re: [OM] (OM) One new image - a stunning painting

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) One new image - a stunning painting
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 22:41:38 +1200
Philippe wrote

> Do you know if the guy paints from photos? Just curious about the
> perspective in there.
>
> I haven't seen the original but yours has a nice rendition BTW
>
> Amiti?s
> Philippe
>
> Le 16 sept. 12 ? 01:21, Brian Swale a ?crit :
>
> > A few days ago we went to The Arrowtown Gallery ( at Arrowtown)
> > which I
> > especially wanted to see as I had discovered that they hang
> > photographic
> > prints there. And indeed they do. In fact, in this converted
> > historic (clapped-
> > out but with atmosphere, old garage building) the owner Simon
> > Beadle, son
> > of oil painting artist Philip Beadle, has a great display of really
> > good original art.
> >
> > One of them, a stunning acrylic painting, really caught my eye

I really do not know, Philippe. I'll have to ask next time I'm there.

The title of the painting was something like " XX (woman's name" on Andy's
sofa".  The attention to detail, and the colour consistency, are outstanding.
It
must have taken him weeks to do.

There was another acrylic artist on display there too, two paintings of
dinghys on the sand and the like. Equally detailed, consistent over the whole
work, and also stunning.
But for me, it was the richness of the fabric colours and pattern, the overall
colour scheme, and the framing which did it. They all came together
extremely well in this sofa painting..
The woman didn't detract from it either ...

Quite a reasonable shape, if you think about it ... Even if you don't!

I didn't alter the colour, contrast, white balance. These are just as they came
out of the camera. The excellent lighting, and my lucky choice of WB, did
the job. Sharpening DID seem to brighten the colours somewhat, though.

Brian Swale