[OM] (OM) One new image - a stunning painting

Subject: [OM] (OM) One new image - a stunning painting
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 11:21:34 +1200
A few days ago we went to The Arrowtown Gallery ( at Arrowtown) which I
especially wanted to see as I had discovered that they hang photographic
prints there. And indeed they do. In fact, in this converted historic (clapped-
out but with atmosphere, old garage building) the owner Simon Beadle, son
of oil painting artist Philip Beadle, has a great display of really good
original
art.

One of them, a stunning acrylic painting, really caught my eye, and I was
very naughty. I caught it on candid camera.  See for yourself; well worth the
$9,600 price-tag. It's quite large, about a metre in width.

I didn't get the camera quite square-on to the painting, and found that of all
the programs I have, only The Gimp could correct the perspective mistake I
made. Unfortunately, The Gimp does not save EXIF data.

The colour and lighting were captured very well by the E-3.

While I have placed some copy protections on the page, and haven't named
the painter, I feel guilty enough about pinching the image and posting it on
the internet, that I am going to remove it in about 24 hours' time.

Top image at

http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/2012/spring-images-nz.htm

By the way, many thanks for your nice comments about my other images.

Brian Swale