Re: [OM] Italy

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 02:08:55 +0000 (UTC)
After 40 years in water treatment, you are absolutely correct (as I expected
you to be).  One of the earlier problems in parts of Europe was their use of
ozone, rather than chlorination which "hopefully" protects the water in the
piping system.  Chlorine is a requirement in the US.  Drinking water is
disinfected, not sterilized.  I forget the normal bacteria count, maybe 500 per
milliliter as a max?  You get used to the ones where you live, but in the next
town, look out (think Montezumas' revenge).  Kinda like getting along with a
spouse, then going away for a time and living with anoter one......might be
nice.... or 2 weeks of hell!         :-)