Re: [OM] Leica MM and M9 Comparison

Subject: Re: [OM] Leica MM and M9 Comparison
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 19:41:28 -0400
Just from looking at them this way, I think I like the M9 better. But I suspect
that's because there was a conversion in Silver Effex Pro, and perhaps the auto
exposure in LR4 made a difference, too.

In my kind of work flow, the RAW file is just the starting place, and for the
most part, the Neutral choice in Silver Effex is never my choice. I like
playing with some of the other choices, and then all of those sliders.

It wouldn't take some real engineer types to come up with a systematic and
neutral comparison between the two cameras.

Which is to say, all things considered, even though I like the M9 in the
examples you posted, I suspect by the time I was done, the MM files would be
the ones I would have worked with, and the ones that would have produced the
images I would be willing to hang on a wall.

--Bob