Re: [OM] (OM) OT Photos taken for art purposes

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Photos taken for art purposes
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:38:09 +1200
Chuck kindly pointed out that the URL I posted didn't work. It had breaks in
it.
So I fixed that, and also fixed the small shambles I had allowed my
"Zuikoholics" web listing to get into.
At the top link of
http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/index.htm

You will find the corrected posting of a couple of days ago.

The images within are not very good; not up to the usual standard of these
pages. They were taken for me to manipulate and use as outlines to imitate
in drawing / painting.

I found myself somewhat shocked at the quality of the hand-held E-1
images, especially the distant landscape shots.
In some cases the Minolta A-1 matched it for quality.
I noticed one A-1 image has a circular internal reflection in it; first I have
seen with this lens.
The only other lens I own with which I have seen this phenomenon is the
sharp lens I bought from KEH (the only one I have bought from them), the
Tokina 24 ~ 40/2.8 AT-X  lens, and it does that regularly on an OM body.

Chuck wrote that he would be interested to see the eventual results using
these. I have to say this will probably be some months away - I find
watercolour painting a lot more difficult than I expected. Part of the problem
is deciding what general style / methods I will use; then to find appropriate
tutorial  books etc. Another aspect at this period is finding the free time.

Brian Swale