[OM] IMG: People at the Airport

Subject: [OM] IMG: People at the Airport
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:47:38 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On today's airport visit, I was determined to get some "people" images.  The
first is of Don, a retired military veteran who served in the Navy, Marines,
and Air Force.  An experienced mechanic, he is shown with his 1946 Ercoupe,
which he still flies and maintains.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Don+F.jpg.html

I found Jim, a retired engineer, sitting in a rocking chair watching the
airport action.  I snapped his image before I sat down to discuss grandkids and
medical problems, the general conversation of octogenarians.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Jim+M.jpg.html

This Bombardier Challenger, which stopped for fuel, was the center of attention
at the time.  A beautiful business aircraft, it is equipped for single-point
refueling, so that all tanks can be serviced with a single connection to the
fuel truck.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Single-Point+Refueling.jpg.html

All shot with the Olympus E-1 and Leica Elmarit-R 28mm.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA