Re: [OM] SOON TO BE BEAUTIFUL

Subject: Re: [OM] SOON TO BE BEAUTIFUL
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:57:53 -0400 (EDT)
Yes, the Black Swallowtail adults can be stunning and the 'pillars are
quite nice too. They LOVE parsley and up here seem to prefer the curly
variety if given a choice. Others in the last NABA (No Am b'fly Assoc)
outing confirmed this odd preference of ones 'round here. I did
generously permit  7 critters two of which are shown below decimate my
parsley but had them sign an agreement that they would return as adults
for a quick photo.

http://tinyurl.com/cr87g5u

Only one returned and only briefly--he said they all clamed ignorance
as how could they be responsible as their neurons were all scattered
here and there during metamorphosis?

WRONG!! Memories can persist in the adults for things learned as
'pillars. I am told I hold an actionable contract by the powers that be
(Marnie). see below:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0001736

Off to small claims court, Mike