Re: [OM] Few Appleton Farm flutterbys from today

Subject: Re: [OM] Few Appleton Farm flutterbys from today
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:56:51 -0700
On 8/4/2012 8:20 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Had an hour or so to go on excursion  with the MA chapter of NABA (No
> American  B'fly Assoc).
> It was 90 deg, humid, and mid day with harsh light.  It is easier early
> in day If the B'flys are out as the light is better and the critters
> less skittish.

> http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Appleton-Farm-NABA-Outing-8-4/24565648_WLFTPC#!i=2006314114&k=gMWjnWK

Finally took time from new camera lens frenzy to take a real look at these.

The caterpillar is nicely captured. I'm of two minds about the flowers. I like
them for context, but the OOF front ones
aren't that appealing. I'd take a look at a crop without them. BTW, the term
for insect poop is 'frass' . But I don't
know if that extends to 'pillars. :-)

The Silver-bordered Fritillary is a beauty!
A bit front focused at 100%, but extremely nice at more reasonable sizes.

You nailed the focus on the eyes and body of the Eastern Tailed Blue! Not
enough DOF for the wings at 100%, but when is
there, ever, sigh.

I'd crop both flutterby images, to show the stars to better advantage.

Fluttering By Moose