Re: [OM] (Way, Way OT) Football

Subject: Re: [OM] (Way, Way OT) Football
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:23:56 -0700
On 8/10/2012 9:31 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Dear me!  So it's not just a modern propensity to increase the income of the
> (possibly) corrupt members of the IOC, the national committees and the
> various sponsors?
>
> :-)

Depends on when you consider 'Modern' to have begun - and ended. :-)

Were/are not the games started in 1894, after a 1,500 year hiatus, commonly
called the Modern Games? Makes sense, as the
Modern Era of history started around the end of the 15th. century and the Late
Modern around the late 18th.

"So it's not just a [contemporary] propensity" might be a more useful phrase,
at least in avoiding pedantic posts from
Moose. ;-)

Is Post-Modern over yet?

Isn't the New Age getting a bit old?

Time for something old that's New again?

Pre Post Moose