Re: [OM] They're coming around to my way of thinking

Subject: Re: [OM] They're coming around to my way of thinking
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 15:06:29 -0700
On 8/6/2012 9:51 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Mike Johnson, Kirk Tuck... They're rediscovering the real gem in the
> mirrorless world - the Sony NEX-7.

Mike Johnston* reversed field this morning, in a post titled "Dodging the NEX
Bullet".

The change of heart was based on a comment to his post yesterday: "No IS?"

Details here.
<http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2012/08/dodging-the-nex-bullet.html>

One of the joys for me of going Oly µ4/3 is getting off the in-lens IS
treadmill. OK, I only have one IS lens, but it is
larger, heavier and more expensive than the non-IS version it replaced. And it
has been an issue when considering any
other new lenses.

In the case of the E-M5, the 5-way IS is something no lens as yet has. BTW, I
don't know if anyone has noticed, but the
E-M5 allows setting the IS for the focal length of MF lenses.

Also, for whoever complained about EVF color, brightness and color temp are
adjustable, whether that fixes anything or
not. :-)

Reverse Field Moose

* With a 't'.