Re: [OM] Nikon Scanner Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikon Scanner Problem
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 20:18:01 -0400
The Nikon LS5000 is a USB device.  Do other USB devices work on the same
USB port where the scanner is plugged in.  Does your computer have more
than one USB port?  If so I'd try another port but they probably go to
the same controller.  Oh, I forgot.  You say you've tried it on multiple
computers and none of them work.  Not a good sign for the scanner.

If other devices work on that connection and, in particular, with the
same cable the prognosis for a simple fix is not good.  I'm guessing
you're going to have to send it to Nikon.

But first read the trouble diagnosis section in your user's manual on
pages 56-57.
<http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13225/~/super-coolscan-ls5000-ed-%2F-coolscan-v-ed-user%27s-manual>

Chuck Norcutt