Re: [OM] Getting closer (Digital -> Adox CHS mapping)

Subject: Re: [OM] Getting closer (Digital -> Adox CHS mapping)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 17:41:10 +0200
On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 09:17 -0500, Ken Norton wrote:

> > While my wife felt very bad about me selling the OM kit...
>
> We ALL felt sad about you selling the OM kit!

Yeah (I try not to think about it...). Nothing sad about being force to
pull out the Mamiya or the Linhof more frequently though, so it's all
good. I sometimes wish I had the space or money to be a collector... Oh
well.

> My giant tripods have to be kept within the man-cave. I used to have a
> camera or two lying around, but now with the dog, I have learned to
> keep them bagged. It has a tendency to lick the cameras.
>
> As to the supportive and understanding wife? Well, mine is kinda sorta
> that way. When finances are tight, she expects my interests to pay
> their own way. When finances aren't so tight, then it's the classic
> battle between sofas and strobes, carpet and cameras, fashion and
> film. Probably about every three years we have to have a sitdown
> conversation to reallign priorities. Her pashion is also her
> profession, so it's easy to make that fit, but my pashion is usually
> just a time/energy/money pit. With this move, though, she's wanting me
> to get a new camera to help offset the "sacrifice".  :)

Ah, I suspect when I have the space for a "man cave" the same would
(naturally) apply. At this stage, we have a small shared "newly-wed
cave" so it'll probably all normalise in a couple of years.

Our Maine Coon luckily does not lick or eat cameras!

Dawid