Re: [OM] Getting closer (Digital -> Adox CHS mapping)

Subject: Re: [OM] Getting closer (Digital -> Adox CHS mapping)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 07:49:19 -0500
Dawid, I have had the pleasure now of using several of the SHQ F2 lenses.
You are absolutely correct in your analysis of them. They aren't just in
another league, but they are playing a whole different game.

A friend of mine here in Iowa has just about the full set of them. When the
300/2.8 arrived unannounced and before he got home to get the box in time,
it did cost him a new kitchen for his wife. Insurance bought the 150/2, but
it still cost him jewelry. She still doesn't know about the 14-35. That's
going to hurt when she does. I'm sworn to secrecy on that and the other
unmentionable F2 zoom lens. He wouldn't even let me take a picture with it
for fear that the EXIF information would leak out.

I don't know how he's been able to hide those monster lenses from her,
except that she avoids the mancave and they all kinda look alike. Oh, and
they are pretty well encrusted in mud and sticks.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx