[OM] MFT lens corrections in ACR or LR

Subject: [OM] MFT lens corrections in ACR or LR
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:08:11 -0400 (EDT)
Looking around the Adobe forum it appears  some CA is only corrected in
metadata with Panny lenses on Panny bodies. Adobe also says they
correct to about the 90% level for geometric distortion which they say
is
the same level for Nykon or Canyon lens profiles in ACR.  Then there
are these incremental lens profiles on top of the metadata. (see below)
  I am not aware of any sliders though for use of these which I am
accustomed to for the OM 5DII.
Sometimes I would not wish to as fully correct these aberrations.  It
is not easy figuring out exactly what is going on.

Moose's  downloading software looks like just the ticket too.  There
are many potentially unforeseen changes in workflow when switching
platforms. Sometimes might have to jump in and have confidence it can
all be sorted,
but rather have it all figured a priori. May have to use DXO for
conversions for the  aberration sliders.

Interesting smart adapter for MFT as well but not sure it allows for AF.

Toe in water, but not jumped in MFT yet, Mike

Q:  There are a number of lenses for cameras that apply in-camera
corrections for (example, the Panasonic 14-42mm pancake zoom for micro
four-thirds), from which the RAW files appear to have correction
applied when I open them in ACR or lightroom.  It appears that ACR/LR
is applying corrections to these lenses automatically since barreling
etc appears when they are opened in some other raw converters.  Is
there any point in creating profiles for RAW files from these lenses or
is it overkill?  Or will it make things worse or better?

A:  The current version of the ALPC (1.0.2 Preview #3) builds what is
called incremental lens profiles on top of the in-camera corrections.
it corrects any residual geometric distortion that might have left out
 from the in-camera corrections. But that is not the most interesting
part, in-camera correction typically only handle the geometric
distortion, but not the LCA or the vignette. So you can build your lens
profiles to correct those.

Kipon electronic adapter Canyon EF to MFT:
http://www.dl-kipon.com/en/articledetail.asp?id=56