[OM] Goldfinch

Subject: [OM] Goldfinch
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:19:31 -0400 (EDT)
Actually home early on Fri and spotted a Goldfinch convention in the
back.   They seem to like the spent lavender hedge (so I haven't cut it
back yet). I grabbed what was handy which was
the Tam 400/4 which had the 1.4 TC on it and tried to stealthily go out
on the side deck and peer around the corner of the house at this guy.
Managed to get off a couple hand held shots.  This was a rare exception
pour moi.

Weirdly when the raw was opened in ACR there was a ton of blue chroma
noise, blue not purple fringing, and  gloms of 20-40 pixels all blue.
I was rushed and just bumped up the NR in ACR and hit the correct CA
box (not sure that did anything). I think I smothered any fine details
in the feathers if there were any at that
FL handheld at f5.6 (thus really f8) with that combo. All the blue
stuff was gone in PS.  Nothing remotely like that was present in the
jpeg.

Not much of a birder, Mike

http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/macro-2012/21444063_Rpf2zK#!i=1991066222&k=pnssgCD&lb=1&s=L