[OM] difference bayonets E-M5 vs E-P2...

Subject: [OM] difference bayonets E-M5 vs E-P2...
From: marc simon <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 18:09:44 +0200
hi all,
I already had an adapter for my OM to m4/3 for my E-P2 nice one, fine
quality coming from jinfinance, recommended from someone of the list,
Chuck perhaps ?
As I was pleased of it I decided to buy another one from the same seller
for both the E-P2 an my new E-M5, but this time I choose a "tilting one"
# 360391901801  I received it this morning, I put my Zuiko 50 1.8 on it
and install it on the E-M5 but no image...I try it on the E-P2 and the
image was there...after some trials I've discovered that the bayonet of
the E-M5 is "stiffer" , not sure if the term is the right one...:) ,
than the bayonet of the E-P2: on the E-P2 the adapter rotate right and
lock in place but not on the E-M5 : it's not really the "fixation" part
which turn and lock but the adapter which is constructed to allow a
rotation, the friction is harder enough for the E-P2 but not for the
E-M5 so to mount or dismount it you must install the adapter only
(without the lens) and press your thumb "inside the adapter" to lock or
unlock it, not really practical...nor very fast...
Sorry if my explanation is not clear but as you know, my mother tongue
is French...and my English is perhaps as trouble than a good Belgian
beer...:)
Except that the adapter is well constructed as usual with jinfinance
products...
regards
marc
bois-de-villers Belgium