Re: [OM] IMG: How To Spend a 92 deg Day

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: How To Spend a 92 deg Day
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:55:23 -0700
> Hi Chris,
>
> I think you are seeing more than the photo shows you.  There are drip
rails,
> the felt is properly overlapped, and I trust this contractor because this
is
> the third job he has done for me in the past 45 years.

    There are no drip rails in that photo.  They're metal strips that anchor
down the free ends of the felt and then an inch or so along the face of the
eave with a slight flare for the last 1/2" or so to shed water away from the
eaves.  They're your last defense against rain migrating into the wood.

    The felt is supposed to be overlapped 50%, and in that photo it's only
overlapped for 3" or so.  And there is no leader strip shown in that photo.

Chris