[OM] New England OM Workshop

Subject: [OM] New England OM Workshop
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:17:08 -0700 (PDT)

 Almost a year ago, the Silvershnozzed wanted to have an OM workshop in New
England.

I took the initiative to organize one and there we are, I finally got to
it...:)

We are the friendliest bunch of states in the Union (except for those wackos in
NH...:), so all shapes and sizes are welcome.  Not only in human proportions,
but also in terms of photographic equipment.

I would suggest Rhode Island, as IMHO Providence as a city and the state's
coastline offer "the most bang for the buck".  I am in the process of
relocating to CT and depending on where I endup or what I endup in, I would be
able to provide transport and accommodations for at least a few non-New
Englanders and furriners as there were quite a few of folks from other
countries that were willing to join.  Maybe this would be an incentive for
greater participation.  This number is TBD for now I will let you know as soon
as I move into a new house.

If you are into melancholic type of pictures, I would suggest either the winter
or the spring, otherwise come either during the summer or fall for your snappy
snaps.  But even if you come during the "wrong" season, we have something for
everyone.

It looks like next year would be a better choice if we want to have a larger
gathering.  At this point, as a first step, I would like to get a list of
willing participants and possible dates.  Email me privately, please I will
share this list and possible options as soon as I have it.

I will be reminding you of it for the next few weeks, the process might take
longer, since our European friends are taking their holidays during this time
of the year.

Then we will all debate on time and location...feel free to voice your opinions.

Best

Boris