Re: [OM] IMG: From the Airport - Again

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Airport - Again
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:55:08 +0100
Brian

If you are still with us (not heading off to Christchurch) here are a couple of
shots of the Harvard as used in training in the UK, 60-70 years ago.  My
Squadron (the University of London Air Squadron) got some aircraft together in
2007 for a "historic" formation of aircraft once used by the Squadron over the
years.  I had the privilege to fly in the Harvard; I was in the rear cockpit as
I was not qualified on the type, but the captain was not able to fly in
formation (it worried him somewhat) so I flew it from the rear.

<http://images.threeshoes.biz/gallery/13807540_dz53NK#!i=1968771590&k=Bq4J38z>

It was quite an emotional flight as my father trained on Harvards, but he died
on 1982, after I had completed a tour on Jaguars.

Chris