Re: [OM] Vuescan and Silverfast

Subject: Re: [OM] Vuescan and Silverfast
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 21:45:21 -0400
Hi, Moose -

I'm cleaning up the slides in PSCS6 with Polaroid Dust and Scratches Filter
and the History Brush.  It takes some time but that filter really works.
I'm using Siliverfast version 6.6.  They haven't upgraded the HDR studio to
8 yet.  It's still in beta, so I haven't upgraded the whole thing to 8.  I
probably will when it comes out.

I'm doing almost everything in LR now except the spotting.

Tina

> I've been curious about your scans, particularly the Kodachromes
>
> The Raw/HDR samples you sent me were not HDRi, lacking the infrared
> channel, so I couldn't try VS's IR cleaning of KR.
>
> Sandra and Francisca, in particular was full of dust/debris. The one you
> later posted on PESO wasn't. Did you rescan and
> clean in SF or HDR? OR was it a long spotting process?
>
> I've been looking into SF more, downloading manuals, etc. Which version(s)
> are you using?
>
> I'm still convinced that there is likely a workflow that will scan and
> process your Kodachromes into nice looking images
> with correct color, contrast, grain, etc. - without lots of manual messing
> about.
>
> The variations in the KRs you've recently posted lead me the think you are
> doing some of the heavy lifting in LR?
>
> Scanning Moose
>
> --
>

> --