Re: [OM] Vuescan and Silverfast

Subject: Re: [OM] Vuescan and Silverfast
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 14:46:02 -0700
On 7/14/2012 11:55 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> Thanks!  I'll look into it.

I've been curious about your scans, particularly the Kodachromes

The Raw/HDR samples you sent me were not HDRi, lacking the infrared channel, so
I couldn't try VS's IR cleaning of KR.

Sandra and Francisca, in particular was full of dust/debris. The one you later
posted on PESO wasn't. Did you rescan and
clean in SF or HDR? OR was it a long spotting process?

I've been looking into SF more, downloading manuals, etc. Which version(s) are
you using?

I'm still convinced that there is likely a workflow that will scan and process
your Kodachromes into nice looking images
with correct color, contrast, grain, etc. - without lots of manual messing
about.

The variations in the KRs you've recently posted lead me the think you are
doing some of the heavy lifting in LR?

Scanning Moose