[OM] Calibrating & profiling an LCD monitor

Subject: [OM] Calibrating & profiling an LCD monitor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:53:39 -0400
Recently I was complaining about having difficulty calibrating my Dell
LCD monitor.  There was some discussion that I probably needed new
hardware able to work with an LCD.  What I did instead was skip the
calibration step, select one of several pre-set color temperatures and
then proceeded with the profiling.  Despite some folks thinking I had a
bias against blue on some of Tina's images I've felt all along that my
monitor's color was just fine following the procedure I did.

I did it because it was the only thing I could do.  But now I've
discovered that I had it right all along (even if only by accident :-))

This is an old posting on Xrite's web site for my (now discontinued)
product discussing how to handle an LCD monitor.  As it turns out,
calibration is a holdover from CRTs and not really necessary on LCD.
<http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=652&Action=support&SupportID=3273>

Chuck Norcutt