Re: [OM] off course

Subject: Re: [OM] off course
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:40:31 -0500
> Analogous to an AA filter?

More like a massive application of Noise Ninja. The only thing left
behind are the worms.

Yesterday afternoon, I proceeded to get the video editing software and
MIDI software loaded up on the computer. Even tested the midi linking.
Didn't go any further. Saturday is moving day!!!!! So things are just
occupying space right now.

Friday night, we'll sit down in the empty house and figure out again
just where we plan on locating our lives. The house is a "raised
ranch" (more or less, as it is a rather unique design). Essentially,
the basement is half buried on the front side to about the four foot
level. Back side of the house, the basement is totally buried. (ground
slopes downward to the front yard). The main entry is halfway between
the two floors. The main entry area is the passive solar part of the
house. The garage is to the side and on the same level as the entry.

The downstairs main room has a fireplace and stonish wall on the west
end. The stairs and windows are on the south side. The darkoom is past
the north wall and a bedroom is past the east wall. It's fully
finished downstairs and there is a bathroom and laundry room down
there too. We've been tempted to put the entertainment center down
there, but...

Upstairs, there is a large L-shaped room that traverses the width of
the house. On the south end are the stairs (and railing overlooking
the entry area--kinda a balcony, and the entry area is kinda a balcony
over the downstairs). At the north end is the dining area and off to
the side of that is the kitchen. This entire area is hardwood style
flooring. Downstairs is carpeted. A hallway to the east takes you to
the bedrooms and bathrooms.

Our thoughts were to make the downstairs room our main living
quarters. The upstairs main room would be kept more formal for
entertaining. But there is a part of me that is a little concerned
that we're trying to stuff too much into the room downstairs. But I
would like to make that our primary living quarters because that way,
the darkroom activity isn't so isolating as it is just through the
door.

But it's not that these rooms are small. Oh well. Third world
problems, you know.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx