Re: [OM] St Giles Cathedral - Edinburgh

Subject: Re: [OM] St Giles Cathedral - Edinburgh
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 23:26:01 +0100
As to why not in St Pauls:

"Q Why am I not allowed to take photographs in the cathedral?

A Even outside of service times St Paul's is a place where visitors can seek
solace and comfort. Photography can be very distracting, especially when you
take into consideration the large number of visitors that come into the
building on a daily basis.  In the past St Paul's has, as an experiment,
relaxed the photography rule. However, the combination of camera flashes and
groups queuing up to pose for photographs under the dome led to the
conclusion that allowing photography would greatly detract from the
spiritual life of the Cathedral."

>From the St Pauls website FAQ.

Piers