Re: [OM] St Giles Cathedral - Edinburgh

Subject: Re: [OM] St Giles Cathedral - Edinburgh
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 16:56:57 +0100
Since we seem to condone bootleg photography (!) here's a trio from St
Paul's Cathedral in London, where photography is also not allowed :-) - but
the policy is usually better-policed than at St Giles, regrettably (I was
lucky enough to have an in-house 'minder', and did not use the camera in the
more public areas).

The crossing from the Whispering Gallery, which gives a good feel for the
interior of this architectural wonder, different from any other English
church:
http://www.hemy.me.uk/img/P5110150.jpg

The Geometric Staircase, with Anthony Gormley's 'Flare II':
http://www.hemy.me.uk/img/P5110151.jpg

Wren's original 'Great Model' of his initial Cathedral design - rejected as
being un-Cathedral-like! Now over 300 years old, and housed within the
building which developed from it:
http://www.hemy.me.uk/img/P5110156.jpg

Piers