[OM] OT: NEW NOVA DISCOVERY!

Subject: [OM] OT: NEW NOVA DISCOVERY!
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 14:11:41 -0700
    I know we have a few astrophotographers on this group, and I just
received this email about a newly discovered nova that should be visible to
everyone south of 50ºN latitude.  According to my star altlas and
planisphere it should be directly south at local midnight, about 15º above
the southern horizon.

Chris

====

> --- In 60mmtelescopeclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gp100man" <gp100man@...> wrote:
> >
> >      On July 07,2012, a few hours ago Japanese astronomers discovered a
> > bright new NOVA in Sagittarious between the "lid" and "spout" in the
> > teapot/archer constellation.  Right Ascension 18 H  20.5 M, Declination
> > -27o  44"  (equinox 2000).
> >      The really really new NOVA is rated at 7.8 magnitude.
> >      The Celestron website states that their Powerseeker 60EQ model
21043
> > (my favorite 60mm due to the F/15 focal ratio and good quality lens)will
> > go down to 11.4 limiting steller magnitude.
> >
> >      WHO WILL BE THE FIRST ASTRONOMER IN THIS 60MM ONLINE TELESCOPE CLUB
> > TO SPOT THE NEW NOVA.
> >
> >      Speaking for myself, I don't think I've ever seen a NOVA, so this
> > will be quite an adventure this coming next few days.  And I hope the
NOVA